Artefactual is an internationally recognized leader in developing open source software for archives, libraries and museums. We bring domain experts together in a collaborative and forward thinking team. Our staff includes archivists and librarians working alongside software developers and systems administrators. Our two main open source projects, Archivematica and AtoM, are used across the world by hundreds of organisations in the cultural heritage sector, including including MoMA, the UN, NATO, the University of British Columbia, the World Bank, Simon Fraser University, the National Library of Wales, the City of Vancouver Archives and the Rockefeller Archives Center.
In addition to software development and consulting services, Artefactual provides remote deployment and technical support for local software installations and serves about 65 hosted clients. More information about our services is available on our website.
Artefactual is looking to add a Technical Support Team Lead to help us manage our growing Canadian and international clientele. This is an onsite position at our office in New Westminster, BC.
The Technical Support Team Lead will be be responsible for managing our client-facing Support Services. The successful candidate will oversee the delivery of remote technical support services for AtoM and Archivematica installations, coordinating the efforts of the Technical Support Team and ensuring our customers expectations are met or exceeded.
We are offering a full-time position in an engaged and enjoyable work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and comes with an extended health and dental benefits package. Some flexibility in work hours is possible, as well as the option to work one day a week from home.
- Managing customer technical support services from receipt of request to verification and closure
- Providing remote technical support services for hosting and maintenance agreement clients; developing a deep understanding of the functional and technical features of Archivematica and AtoM and using this knowledge to address application-related issues and questions
- Working with Artefactual’s systems administrators, analysts and developers to ensure a high level of technical support service to clients
- Working with Artefactual’s project manager and management team to allocate staff resources to support tickets and related systems administration and development tasks
- Working with high-use clients to proactively plan and manage their support service needs
- Documenting common technical issues and their solutions for internal use; writing FAQs and how-to manuals for clients and public users
- Analyzing support requests and response times to assess compliance with Service Level Agreements, capture trends and project future trends
- Be part of a passionate and talented team working on innovative open-source projects
Mandatory application qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent combination of certifications and experience
- Minimum of two years experience working in a team on technical projects
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients
- Aptitude for and interest in technical problem solving
- Technical support, systems administration or software development experience
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to switch tasks as needed to respond to unanticipated situations such as system outages or urgent support requests
- Customer service experience
- Experience with digital curation, digital preservation, archival arrangement and description or related domains
Please apply online at http://artefactual-systems.breezy.hr/.
Artefactual supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status or physical or mental disability. We regret that our office is not wheelchair accessible.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.